Winter is an ideal time to read! The colder weather and shorter days make it the perfect time to pick up a book. For seniors, reading can help foster a sense of connection and community, promote social interaction, and reduce feelings of isolation.
Five reasons to read a new book this holiday season:
- Stimulates mental activity and improves cognitive function
- Expands vocabulary and language skills through exposure to new words and expressions
- Enhances focus and concentration, fostering improved attention spans
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress, providing an escape from daily pressures
- Stimulates imagination, creativity, empathy and new perspectives
New books, magazines, and e-readers also make great holiday gifts for senior loved ones!